|PUB LIST||PUBLIC HOUSES||Paul Skelton|
16 Gladstone Road
Earliest find is from the Deal Licensing Register of 1863 and listed as a beerhouse. However Glover and Rogers have found it two years earlier in 1861. This being the same year the Royal Marines came to Deal.
Also found mentioned in the Deal Licensing Register from 1869 to 1873 and lastly in Kelly's directory of 1878. Always referred to as a beer-house and at 16 Gladstone Road.
At 14 Gladstone Road was the "Victoria" but that has only been traced back to 1882, so perhaps the two amalgamated.
Listed as a Beerhouse in 1861
BARBER Samuel J 1871+ (15 Gladstone Road)
MAXWELL Samuel 1881-83
From the Kelly's Directory 1878
If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-