|PUB LIST||PUBLIC HOUSES||Paul Skelton|
1 High Street
Open on 28 August 1866 and referred to as the "Rendezvous Luncheon Bar" in the Post Office Directory 1874.
The premises was acquired by brewers Flint and Co. in 1888 after George Burgess ran up a debt of £900. The following year the brewery did some extensive alterations to the house and added a commercial dining room on the first floor with private sitting and smoking rooms.
The house has been in its time a shoe shop, but today (2011) it operates as an Indian restaurant.
HOGBEN Steven Buckle 1866-78 (Baker by trade)
HOMEWOOD James 1878-84
BURGESS George 1884-88
COLLINS George 1896+
PROCTER John 1899+
ENSINK Gerard Dec/1907
HOBSON James Jan/1912-Dec/12
From the Post Office Directory 1874
From the Kelly's Directory 1899
If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-