|PUB LIST||PUBLIC HOUSES||Paul Skelton|
Building reputedly going back to 1765 and a few changes of name along the way. Changes of name include the original "Red Lyon," to "Pack Horse," to "Hovelling Boat" and eventually Pierce Horton making the change to the "Packet Boat" in 1811. Easdown and Rooney in their book More Tales from the Tap Room state that both he and the pub had their final years in 1832, but Pigot's Directory shows both still there in 1839.
HORTON Pierce 1811-39+
From the Pigot's Directory 1823
From the Pigot's Directory 1839
If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-
LINK to Even More Tales From The Tap Room