|PUB LIST||PUBLIC HOUSES||Paul Skelton|
4 Beach Street
Open in 1843 by Thomas Spain who lasted there till 1851 when he finally closed up shop.
However, this was not the end of the premises as a drinking establishment, as in 1889 it opened again, this time as a coffee house called the "Harbour Lights," but this too was short lived and it was again closed by the end of 1890.
SPAIN Thomas 1843-51
From Bagshaw Directory 1847
If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-
LINK to Even More Tales From The Tap Room