|PUB LIST||PUBLIC HOUSES||Barry Smith and Paul Skelton|
43 Limekiln Street
The older generations knew this one as the "Granville Arms". Watt hosted in 1840 and the title changed around 1867 when the Hambrook family were in residence. It is perhaps wrong to say 'Arms'. In those early days it was always referred to as "Granville Inn".
WATT William 1840+
SLADDEN Reginald 1847
SLADDEN Mrs S 1855 Post Office Directory
ATKINS Mr to Mar/1865
BOWLES Mr W E Mar/1865-July/67
HAMBROOK Mr July/1867
To the "Granville Arms."
From the Pigot's Directory 1840
From Bagshaw Directory 1847
From the Dover Express
If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-